The way businesses & the workforce are put together is changing. More and more employers are looking at hiring freelancers as opposed to full-time permanent staff than ever before. But why?
- It's The Future. There's been a steady increase in the use of freelancers within businesses over recent years, but the COVID-19 pandemic has seen millions of people have to work from home & sped things up a bit. It has forced open the eyes of business owners to a whole new world where they've been able to see how much their businesses can function - and thrive! - without having employees in-house 9-5, 5 days a week. This is bound to change the current structure of the workforce well after the pandemic is over.
- Saving Money. Don't get this mixed up - freelancers aren't necessarily cheaper at an hourly rate, but the likelihood is they will be able to get the job done much more efficiently when they aren't chained to the company desk every day. Holiday pay, Sick pay & Super/Pension payments aren't required when employing a freelancer either, which is a huge financial stress lifted when you're running a small business.
- Access To Specialist Skills. Freelancers are focused on their strengths & it makes sense for you to use them! You may not need a graphic designer, a VA, an accountant, an illustrator, a copywriter etc in the office at all times, but hiring them when you do (instead of trying to do it yourself, or an employee attempting to when it's not their role) will produce really worthwhile results.
- Fresh Perspectives. When you live & breathe your business, it can get really difficult to spot things that could be improved, added to, changed & adapted. Having someone outwith your business look at it with fresh eyes is priceless. New ideas, concepts, products, services, processes - you name it, a freelancer is your best asset to brainstorm with.
- No Long Term Commitments (unless you want them). Flexibility! You choose the terms. Whether you work with a freelancer on a project basis, an hourly rate, or a monthly package - the flexibility is there so you're not stuck if it's not the right fit for you or you can't afford to employ someone full time. It's the perfect step when you're first looking to expand your team!
Do you have any questions about what it's like hiring a freelancer? How you find them? How/how much you should expect to pay them? Get in touch! We're happy to help you on your freelance journey & have a bunch of people for all different fields we'd love to recommend! firstname.lastname@example.org